Buying Land in Brazil. There are several advantages to this type of investment. One, the land has low maintenance costs. You just need to pay the property tax on an annual basis that is less than 0.3 percent of the value of the property. Two, you don’t need any structure in place to maintain the land. As long as it’s fenced,you can basically leave it for months on end and return back to it only when you get an offer. Three, the opportunities to make profits on this type of investment are very high. If you can find the right area that’s on the edge of town, where the urban sprawl is extending,you’re guaranteed of making profits.
The beauty of buying land in Brazil is that, once you’ve purchased it, you have some very attractive options in terms of what you can do with it.
For example you can;
1) Flip/sell on within a matter of months or years, depending on your strategy.
2) Make a project for a subdivision and sell on for a higher return.
3) Go into partnership with a local developer and take a percentage of the units built.
4) Develop the project yourself
5) Develop a portion of the land for yourself and then sell off the other portion to fund that development.
You have a myriad of possibilities, and they’re all good ones, depending on what you want to get out of your investment and how much you want to get involved in the logistics of developing it.